ZebClient protects application and infrastructure data in hypervisor deployments
ZebClient dramatically improves hypervisor functionality by adding the possibility to separate the traditional VM design into two streams: one for application data and one for infrastructure data. As infrastructure data and application data have different requirements, ZebClient uses separation to secure optimal performance in operations as well as for recovery scenarios.
Infrastructure and application data are durably protected using a cloud storage provider as backend. This design eliminates the need for separate backup solutions. As ZebClient provides both S3 and filesystem data interfaces, ZebClient protects object data generated by cloud native applications as well as file data generated by legacy applications.
Infrastructure data: Configuration data generated by the hypervisor, VM operating system, associated storage, memory, network etc
Application data: Data accessed and generated by the applications running inside a VM .
Zebclient protects hypervisor VM application data
ZebClient uses disaggregated storage to provide data access to applications in VMs. This means that data storage can be secured via durable, scalable, cost-efficient cloud services – eliminating the need for local storage solutions on-prem. When requested by applications, cloud data is brought to scalable storage memory deployed close to application. ZebClient secures that data is served at ultra-high speed from memory as long as it is actively used.
ZebClient adds the following advantages to application data in hypervisors:
- Distributed data access – as data is instantly written to all tiers including the shared warm cluster tier,
- High performance data access – serving data to applications at memory speed,
- Data durability – as data is always and instantly written to all tiers including to disaggregated and durable cloud storage,
- Data Lake - access to unlimited cloud data locally with
- Strong read-after-write consistency,
- Atomic data operation,
- ACID (atomicity, consistency, isolation, durability) data operations - adding external table format for huge analytic datasets to ZebClient
ZebClient protects hypervisor infrastructure data
As the handling of infrastructure and application data is separate in ZebClient designs, there is an opportunity to deploy optimally small VMs as application data is managed by ZebClient and uses disaggregated cloud storage.
To protect all infrastructure data changes to VM configurations or OS updates, a point in time backup should always be done.
Deploying ZebClient and optionally split Infrastructure and Application data, provides the following benefits to the infrastructure data:
- Data durability – as infrastructure data is automatically backed up via hypervisor snapshot/backup to durable cloud storage,
- Availability – securing distributed high performance cluster access locally and globally
- Simplified and flexible deployment and operations – based on the separation of infrastructure an application data and from use of small-sized VMs
ZebClient-enabled hypervisors secures data
In summary, ZebClient boosts the benefits of hypervisor deployments in several ways:
- Secures high performance application data access
- Eliminates the need for application data backups,
- Provides access to unlimited data storage
- Secures restore of VMs at super-high speeds,
- Provides simplified data management,
- Delivers enhanced availability and protection to both infrastructure and application data
Learn more about this solutionDownload PDF