Infrastructure SysOps Engineer
Zebware has an ambitious and exciting journey ahead! To ensure our customers’ success and efficient internal operations, we are now looking for an Infrastructure SysOps Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for our on-prem test and lab equipment, used by our development teams, cloud based dev/test environments, cloud based production environments and support for users having Linux, MAC and Windows workstations.
Zebware is looking for an Infrastructure SysOps Engineer to join the technical team!
Zebware is a software company at the forefront of developing the next generation of data management solutions – targeted for multi-cloud environments. As companies shift data and compute from on-premise to the cloud, it’s imperative to safeguard that this is done in a secure and portable manner, avoiding lock-in to specific cloud providers, and in accordance with governance rules to meet regulatory or company policies. Zebware’s vision is to be the go-to platform for solving these demanding challenges!
As a company, Zebware is driven by a strong customer focus and an innovation culture. The challenges we are solving are key issues to address today and steadily growing in importance as workloads are shifting to the cloud. Our offering is unique in several areas and protected with relevant patents.
We develop, market, sell, deliver and support our software for customers anywhere in the world, and we work closely with selected, competent partners across these activities.
To fulfill our exciting journey ahead and to ensure our customers’ success and efficient internal operations, we are now looking for an Infrastructure SysOps Engineer to join our team. In this role you will be responsible for our on-prem test and lab equipment, used by our development teams, cloud based dev/test environments, cloud based production environments and support for users having Linux, MAC and Windows workstations.
The on-prem dev/test systems consist mainly of Centos and Ubuntu linux based servers, supported by a number of infrastructure systems like:
- Bind DNS, dnsmasq, PXE
- OpenLDAP, OpenVPN, PFSense (firewall)
- KVM, oVirt, (Virtualization)
- Kubernetes, Docker
- Ceph, NFS, iSCSI (Storage)
- L2/L3 networking (VLAN, LACP, trunk) using Cisco and Cisco-like networking equipment
- HP and Supermicro servers
- Ubiquity Wifi access points
- Ansible and shell scripting
- Bareos Backup + ReAR (disaster recovery)
- Nginx and Apache httpd
- Postgres databa
The cloud based SaaS services are:
The cloud based PaaS systems are:
- AWS AKS cluster, for our production Customer Portal and License Manager
- Azure virtual servers with postgresql and our own product - Orchesto-365 gateway
This role will interface with internal technical Zebware teams – consisting of DevOps, Developers, QAs and Technical Product Owners. Our way of working is agile and you are expected to take a proactive and collaborative approach in all interactions.
All our backend development is written in Go and the frontend is written in React using Ant Design. Solution is containerized with Kubernetes as preferred deployment environment. Data endpoints are S3 compatible and adapters are used to access 15+ pre-integrated cloud providers for backend storage. RESTful APIs are used and GitLab employed for code management.
Your Professional Profile
- 5+ years as SysOps
- Extensive practical experience of infrastructure architecture and infrastructure as code
- Managing L2/L3 networking switches
- PFSense firewall
- Site Reliability, Monitoring and Logging
- Backup and restore
- Server Hardware maintenance and RAID controllers
- GnuLinux (Centos, Ubuntu and Debian)
- Ansible, Terraform and Shell scripting
- Experience of cloud services and object storage (S3, various cloud provides – AWS/GCP/Azure etc., OpenStack Swift, Ceph...)
- Version controlling via Git
- Used to working in agile environments with short release cycles and iterations
- Not required, but valuable knowledge additions:
- Container-orchestration – Kubernetes and Docker containerization
- Deployment control via Helm charts, Docker-compose, Docker-Hub etc.
- Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, Postgres and Cockroach DB etc.
Who You Are
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Enjoys with internal teams
- Highly organized and can work effectively with minimal supervision. You take hands on action to solve problems you stumble upon!
- “Can Do” personality with a constructive and pragmatic approach
- You are creative, but also a “finisher” delivering to commitments made
- Strong ability to understand new complex technical tasks
- Love to learn new stuff in order to keep up with changes in our platform
- Fluent in English and / or Swedish
- Eligible for work in Sweden
This position is half-time, 50% with placement in our office in central Stockholm.
We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. What unifies us is that we are a team of technically curious problem solvers that also understand the importance of delivering on commitments made. Come and join us!
Interested in finding out more?
Apply today via the link below.
Questions will be answered via mail to email@example.com
We look forward to your application!